The Donegal Express

The calling of the Rosary
Spanish wine from far away
I’m a free born man of the USA

Name:
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

I am the most wanted man on my island; but I'm not on my island. More's the pity.

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Wait, I thought Johnny Potsmoker was MY alter ego.

--Jesse


To be totally serious, totally totally serious, I'd like to give some mad props to the hippies, leftists and whack jobs of Santa Fe. Gratz!

A while back, I heard rumblings about some sort of protest the Bush Inauguration thing. Apparently, some organization sprung up, like a mushroom from a vast pile of dung, called Not One Damn Dime. They joined up with not one red cent, as well. I guess take no wooden nickels decided to go it alone. Anyhow, they decided to protest the Bush "Coronation" by urging all the good little Bundists not to spend money today.

I want to take this moment to express my utter and complete solidarity with this mission. I totally support the concept of you people not going out to eat, or shop, or in any way interact with me. Rock. On!

Today was great! The streets were quiet. The air quality improved due to the lack of incense and patchouli at the Plaza. I went to lunch without having to wait fifteen hours as you all plowed through nine plates at the Indian buffet. I ate in peace, without having your blatherings grate my ears, or seeing you chomp your food with your mouth open. I didn't have to get indigestion by having you embarrass all involved as you tried to go "native" with the owner, either. And yes, you embarrass him, me, and yourself when you do that. Can't you folks say something simple like, "Thank you, the kheer was very good today." Why do you have to act like an extra from Gunga Din?

In any event, I am /with/ you. If I could, I'd bang a drum and help make puppets. To be honest, I'd rather bang a gong, though. Way to go! Please consider doing this one day a week (at least) for the rest of the evil vicious (insert favorite hate-flavored bile here) Bush Administration.


Thanks again leftists. You made today the best day I've had in Santa Fe, EVER!

I can't wait to go to dinner tonight. That'll be solid!

3 Comments:

Blogger trejrco said...

Too damn funny; and glad you had an easy day of it!

/TJ

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bread lines in PA are no longer than usual after the not one damn "blip on the brain scan" day. Nice site, it is bookmarked. T Rex rocked.

Tomslick

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Fortified Rice Kernel said...

Nice article has been posted. I really enjoyed reading your this article and also did get lots of good points from here. thanks for sharing such article here.

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home