The Donegal Express

The calling of the Rosary
Spanish wine from far away
I’m a free born man of the USA

Name:
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

I am the most wanted man on my island; but I'm not on my island. More's the pity.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Gentlemen, I wouldn't trust this overgrown pile of microchips any further than I can throw it.

--General Beringer



Gah! The stupid Sun Ultra 2 is flaking out, and now I've got to replace the ten thousand external drives with a nice, new D1000. That's a JBOD, so I'll have to still whack disks around if they break or need replacing. With any luck, we'll see less SCSI drive freakouts, and it will be a bit cleaner in the closet. Next time, I want an A1000. I want some hardware RAID action! At least we'll have some better mirroring, and should be able to keep the DB up while we do nightly backups. Long story short, if I promised anyone to help out with anything this weekend, well..there goes my weekend.

Speaking of JBOD's, I saw the usual JOBW's (Just a Bunch Of Weenies) yesterday at the corner of St. Francis and Cerrillos. I guess it was time for the next "Five people holding up signs for 'Peace' Day." Yo, Hippy! I bet if you wave that "Bush Lied, Kids Died" sign a little higher, he'll pull our troops out of Iraq. Yeah, that'll do it.

Note to Crayola: in your next box of crayons, you need to add the color "Aging Hippy Gray".

It's true, there is an exact shade of gray that denotes "aging hippy". Ronald Reagan never had that shade of gray. Frank Rizzo never had that shade of gray. I can spot that precise shade and say to someone, "So, you were at Woodstock, right? When you went to San Francisco, you put a flower in your hair, didn't you?" They usually answer, "Mpohmfr ttrjfiow hr" Which is "brain fried on acid" for, "Fight the power, man."

2 Comments:

Blogger Roberto Iza Valdés said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This winter I purchased a wood stove instead of a fire place .I wanted to save on the heating cost this year.Outdoor Fireplace Design I even created my own Outdoor Fireplace Design site related to everything about fire places and wood stoves.So save on the higher heating cost and burn some wood.Have a great day bye.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home