The Donegal Express

The calling of the Rosary
Spanish wine from far away
I’m a free born man of the USA

Name:
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

I am the most wanted man on my island; but I'm not on my island. More's the pity.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

It's a UNIX system! I know this!

-- Lex Murphy




I'm really not liking Best Practical's Request Tracker. It's like, the closer to getting it compiled and configured I get, the more mind-numbing the problems become. The documentation could be better, as well.

Word to the wise, if you're thinking Nagios might be a bit difficult to set up, run far away from Request Tracker. Far away. I mean, I breezed through that one. It took me a few days, sure, but those days were spent making modifications and additions to check for the right stuff on the right servers. I knew what I was doing all that time. This help desk app..well, at least it had cpan so I could automatically download dependencies for my dependencies for my dependencies. That was nice.

Oh well, I've joined the mailing list, and will be asking for help. I'm probably about fifteen minutes away from getting it running too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home