The Donegal Express

The calling of the Rosary
Spanish wine from far away
I’m a free born man of the USA

Name:
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

I am the most wanted man on my island; but I'm not on my island. More's the pity.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Knights of Columbus!

--Ron Burgundy


Hat tip to Catholic World News and Doxology for this one.

In 2003, Deborah Chymyshyn and Tracey Smith rented a Knights of Columbus hall in Port Coquitlam, British Columbia. When the Knights became aware that it was to be for a homosexual couple, they cancelled the booking. The BC Human Rights Tribunal began hearing their case on Monday and a ruling was expected Thursday.

I ran across a blog a bit earlier from a self-proclaimed "blue stater" living in a red state. One of the things he found offensive was the idea of a pulpit being used to tell people how to vote. On the contrary, I find it offensive to have a court attempt to usurp the authority of the pulpit in the name of some cause. The Church existed before the State, and deference should always flow towards one's elders.

The people involved in this case know what they are doing. They want to humble the Church. They want to embarrass the Knights of Columbus, force them to bend to their will. Every dark fantasy the Left dreams about "organized religion" they gleefully carry out against it in the name of their unholy cause. The people involved in this particular assault are also God's Children. I pray for them, and I hope in the mercy of Christ. While they continue on this particular path, however, there is nothing between us but emnity.

On a related note, the Knights of Columbus need your help. If you are a Catholic male over the age of eighteen, contact your local parish to find your nearest council. If you are married to a Catholic male, or in some way related to one, drag him to a parish and have him join up. If you still can't find a council, contact me or visit here. And don't even start with me about how you don't have time. I really don't want to hear that. Your Church needs you, will you forsake Her in this hour?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home