The Donegal Express

The calling of the Rosary
Spanish wine from far away
I’m a free born man of the USA

Name:
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

I am the most wanted man on my island; but I'm not on my island. More's the pity.

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I thrill when I drill a bicuspid / It's swell though they tell me I'm maladjusted.

-- Dr. Orrin Scrivello, DDS

So I'm driving early Christmas Eve morning because I grabbed the wrong box while Christmas shopping. While I'm driving around I'm listening to the local talk radio station which is now doing the 24 hours of Christmas Carols thing. That's when it happened. The commercial breaks consisted entirely of faithful advertisers getting the chance to wish everyone season's greetings. Half of the commercials wished people a happy Hanukkah to go with a Merry Christmas. Uhh, didn't Hanukkah end a while before Christmas Eve? I know, I know, you've got to put the two together at all times. That's just how it is nowadays.

And then, it happened. "Dr. Tom", an Albuquerque dentist, said something along the lines of "As we celebrate the birth of Christ Jesus, may His love.." I really don't remember the rest, as I almost went off the road at the point. When I regained my senses, I noticed he ended the commercial with "God Bless America".

Christ Jesus!

WHOA! Talk about going nuclear. Not Jesus, not even Jesus Christ. Christ Jesus! The only thing more powerful would have been: Jesus, the Christ. Doctor Tom, you made my holiday season, I mean, Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home