The Donegal Express

The calling of the Rosary
Spanish wine from far away
I’m a free born man of the USA

Name:
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States

I am the most wanted man on my island; but I'm not on my island. More's the pity.

Sunday, June 02, 2002

The closer I get to death the more I realize I love me, too.


--Peanuts White



Bob Hope is now one year shy of a century. Like G. K. Chesterton, Hope was one of the few good things to come out of England since St. Thomas More. Besides being an immense talent, an icon in the industry, Bob Hope is one of the few surviving links to a Holywood long gone. The great lights are dimming, many of them are already gone. John Wayne, James Cagney, Gary Cooper, Bing Crosby, Robert Mitchum, Dorothy Lamour, Humphrey Bogart, Bette Davis, Jimmy Stewart; these were giants upon the earth. In addition, Bob Hope was indefatigable in the way he gave to his adopted home. He's remembered as much, if not more, for his USO shows as for his wealth of stage and screen performances.

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Hope.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home